Hot Air Balloon Rides –
Check out Steamboat Springs from above! Truly a bucket-list experience, a hot air balloon ride above the Yampa Valley might be the coolest activity on your trip to Steamboat.
- Wild West Balloon Adventures – Wild West Balloon Adventures offers rides for folks of all ages. Rides offer stunning views of the Steamboat Valley, the Flat Top Mountains, and an inactive volcano called Hahn’s Peak. Group, senior and children rates are available. Reservations required.
Take in the summer tradition of ropes, riding, music, and fun at the Steamboat Pro Rodeo. The Steamboat Pro Rodeo Series takes place every Friday and Saturday night from June 21 through August 10 in Downtown Steamboat Springs at the Brent Romick Arena off 5th Street. Shows begin at 7:30 p.m. with the exception of the Fourth of July performance which begin at 6:30 p.m. Bring money for food & drinks and make sure the kiddos take part in the lamb & calf scramble!.
The lush greens await you in the Yampa Valley! With three local courses, we have a little bit of everything for every type of golfer.
- Haymaker Golf Course – Consistently voted among the best golf courses to play in Colorado, Haymaker Golf Course was rated the “#4 Golf Course You Can Play in Colorado, 2018” by Golfweek Magazine. Proudly owned by the City of Steamboat Springs, the 233-acre championship golf course features at least four sets of tees per hole, playing from 5,059 to 7,308 yards. It has been heralded as a ‘core layout’ using large greens and gentle undulations, which blend seamlessly with the topography of the region.
- Rollingstone Ranch Golf Course – A spectacular 18-hole course, designed by Robert Trent Jones II, features incredible views of the Yampa Valley, while Fish Creek winds its way through seven of the holes. The 70 bunkers and large, undulating bent grass greens make this a truly championship-caliber course to be enjoyed by players of all skill levels. For these reasons, Fairways Magazine voted Rollingstone Ranch Golf Club as one of its 100 best golf courses.
- Steamboat Golf Club – Since being established in 1964, The Steamboat Golf Club has remained a treasure in The Yampa Valley. With generous fairways, small target greens, and challenging shots, a round here will satisfy even the most discriminating player. The 9- hole course borders the Yampa River featuring beautiful views of the valley and Steamboat ski mountain. The Steamboat Golf Club is family oriented and affordable option to enjoy a round of golf in the valley.
Horseback Riding –
Take in the Yampa Valley with a majestic four-legged animal. Here are our top pics for guided horseback rides.
- Del’s Triangle 3 Ranch – The most authentic dude ranch in the area! Take a horseback ride into the aspen groves with views of the Mount Zirkel Wilderness to the east. Open year-round.
- Saddleback Ranch – Horseback riding on Saddleback Ranch is a perfect opportunity to enjoy the beautiful Colorado scenery, take some gorgeous pictures, and learn about the cattle. There is an excellent chance of seeing wildlife on this horseback riding excursion near Steamboat. Also, check out their Cattle Drives!