Your Guide To Steamboat’s Winter Adventures!
Looking for something unique to do during your winter vacation in Steamboat for the days you’re not skiing or snowboarding? How about a snowmobile tour, horse-drawn sleigh ride or dogsled tour? Or maybe all three!
One of the best ways to explore the Routt County backcountry & wilderness is on a powerful snowmobile with experienced guides to show you the ropes. It’s time to explore our winter wonderland!
- Steamboat Snowmobile Tours – Discover the Continental Divide over Rabbit Ears with Steamboat Snowmobile Tours, plus check out their moonlight dinner tour.
- Elk Mountain Adventures – 5-hour private tour company based out of Hayden, CO offering snowmobile & UTV trips.
- Colorado Sled Rentals – Full day adventure covering the Steamboat backcountry and ending with fireside food & drinks.
- Saddleback Ranch – Offering guided snowmobile tours over groomed trails and open free ride meadows on private land. Enjoy views of the Flattops, Mt. Werner, Sleeping Giant and the Zirkels.
There is something so peaceful about a sleigh ride at night with the sounds of the horses dashing through the snow, their bells jingling and the dark starry night surrounding you.
- Saddleback Ranch -Cuddle up under a wool blanket for a 30-minute ride around a working cattle ranch to the Double Dollar Lodge and warm up with a hot drink and a home-cooked meal.
- Steamboat Resorts – Offering three different types of sleigh rides for all ages:
- Haymaker Sleigh Ride Dinner – Bring your entire group for a horse-drawn sleigh ride dashing through the snow and ending with a four-course dinner.
- Ragnars Sleigh Ride Dinner – Ride up the Gondola and take a snowcat-driven sleigh to Rendezvous Lodge for a five-course Scandinavian inspired dinner.
- Four Points Snowcat Dinner – No horses in this sleigh ride! Cruise to 9,000 feet in an authentic snowcat and enjoy a traditional Italian dinner at Four Points Lodge.
This is definitely one for the bucket list! Get to know the fun-loving and hard-working dogs & guides while touring Routt County & beyond!
- Snowbuddy Dog Sled Tours – Family owned & operated dog sled tour company offering guided tours, learn to mush trips or couples trips. All trips take place on Dunkley Pass, about one hour south of Steamboat.
- Grizzle-T Dog & Sled Works – Learn how to mush with the best! Run by an Iditarod athlete & his dogs, Grizzle T offers trips to the West & South of Steamboat.
Looking to get your adrenaline pumping without strapping on your skis or snowboard? Try snow tubing at Saddleback Ranch. With tubing runs built for the entire family, Saddleback Ranch is a fun adventure for everyone. The hills are groomed and there’s a lift system to take you and your tube to take you to the top of the runs for a smooth ride down. Make sure to plan some time for hot cocoa or warm libations inside the lodge.