Maintenance Team Manager
Reports To: Property Care Director
Status: Full-time, year-round
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 annually
Job Summary: We consider the members of the Maintenance Team to be the face of the company. With no physical check-in process, oftentimes the only person-to-person interactions we have with guests is when they’re in need of help. The ideal candidate for this position is someone with an equally strong background in both customer service and maintenance related work. They will work closely with all other teams as well as owners to coordinate the completion of tasks within properties. An ideal candidate is someone who has a desire to lead a team of people, has a background in maintenance and is adept at diagnosing and troubleshooting unique and challenging situations in a positive manner.
- Management of Maintenance Team members including scheduling, assigning tasks, and coaching as needed.
- Training maintenance employees on techniques such as drywall repair, woodwork, lock installations, etc
- Create and improve on processes of the Maintenance Team. This includes things such as how schedules are created, how work orders are assigned and completed, etc
- Researching and implementing new changes for the company. For example, how could we phase in all LED lights to our inventory, how can we improve/simplify the collection or trash from properties, how can we standardize the stocking and replacement of inventory to simplify the process.
- Ensuring the satisfactory completion of tasks assigned to Maintenance Team employees
- Communicating as needed directly with property owners and other employees on maintenance related tasks taking place in properties. This includes explaining maintenance tasks taking place, scheduling projects with outside vendors as needed and communicating the plans for those projects with the owners and other employees involved.
- Overseeing the purchase of supplies used by the maintenance department. This will include: ensuring an adequate supply of needed items, annual reporting of costs associated with items purchased and doing routine budget reviews.
- Ensuring that all expectations outlined in the Winter Park Lodging Company Employee Handbook are adhered to by maintenance department personnel
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations
- Assisting with all responsibilities defined by the Maintenance Team Member job description
- Assisting in all duties as assigned.
- Computer literacy is a must
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to quickly learn/adapt to software applications for scheduling, maintenance tasks, ect.
- Clean, professional appearance
- Ability to lift 75+ pounds
- Ability to speak english fluently- Spanish is a plus
- Detail oriented
- Housekeeping experience required
- High School diploma or GED
- This is not a work remote job. Must live within 45 minutes of Steamboat Springs