We dread packing for any trip. We put it off and usually start the night before departure and consequently over pack and arrive without the things we really need!
We love to make things easy for our guests, so we’ve put together these suggestions and a checklist of how to pack and what to pack for your Steamboat Adventure. We want you to Play Hard and Rest Easy as soon you arrive in beautiful, snow covered Steamboat Springs, Colorado!
- Seven days prior to your vacation, pick a place in your home where you can start laying out the items you will need to bring. A guest bedroom is a great spot. Choose the luggage and carry-on you plan to use.
Special Note: If you are a mom packing for the entire family, you go girl! Your husband and kids will owe you a massage at one of our amazing Steamboat Spas. Moms, you may want to start nine days prior to arrival to give yourself extra time and reduce your stress levels.
2. Think “Pack Light”. Our Steamboat Vacation Rentals have washers and dryers.
- Pack layers. You’ll want a base layer (light insulation that wicks away moisture), a mid-layer (traps heat and is breathable- light fleece), and an outer layer that is windproof, breathable and waterproof.
- Leave home the dress clothes and pack a few pair of jeans and a nice fleece and sweater. You can wear them everywhere in Steamboat, even our finest restaurants.
For Skiing & Snowsports:
- Warm, waterproof ski jacket
- Lightweight, waterproof ski jacket
- Waterproof ski pants
- Snow boots with a tread
- Waterproof ski gloves
- Lightweight gloves
- Ski Socks
- Quality long underwear- top and bottom, no cotton
- Extra layers – Under Armour shirts are great
- Goggles with extra lenses for different light
- Neck Warmer/Gaiter
- Sunglasses- the Colorado sun is bright!
- Ski Helmet- if you don’t own one, you can rent one https://www.fleischersport.com
- Thin hat to wear under your helmet for cold days
- Baseball hat or beanie to hide your “helmet head” after skiing
- Lip balm
- The Kitchen Sink – just kidding!
For Après Ski Steamboat Fun:
- Bathing suit for the pool, hot tub or our famous Hot Springs
- Flip Flops or Sandals
- Jeans to wear to Dinner
- Sweater or Fleece
- Après-Ski Boots – something comfy!
- That book you’ve been dying to read. We have a fireplace to curl up next to waiting for you in Steamboat Springs!
If you are a “flat-lander” and are getting ready for your first ski trip or live in a place where you don’t have to own warm clothing, check out winter gear rentals at Ski Haus, conveniently located just two miles from the Steamboat Ski Resort.
Happy Packing and Happy Trails! We’ll see you soon in Steamboat Springs, also known as Ski Town, USA!