Lunch Guide to Fast & Affordable Steamboat Staples
Steamboat Springs isn’t short on places to find fabulous food and drinks any time of day, but lunch can be tricky given the amount of choices, so we narrowed it down to 5 of our staff’s favorite spots to kick back and enjoy a bite to eat.
Skull Creek Greek
Skull Creek serves a plethora of fast and affordable Greek foods from amazing slow roasted lamb gyros and elegant salads to home made baklava. This local favorite is one of the few serving Steamboat’s late night crowd on Friday and Saturday nights until 2pm. Skull Creek also caters via their food truck, so don’t hesitate to bring the taste of Mediterranean to your next family gathering.
Staff Pick: Prometheus Gyro with everything on it.
- Skull Creek Greek is located at 635 Lincoln Avenue, downstairs in the plaza and is open daily from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- To place an order for pick up call 970.879.1339 or visit Skull Creek Greek’s website for more information.
If it’s true authentic Mexican food you crave, then look no further because this is a family that knows how to provide the flavors. Brace yourself for amazing tacos, burritos, and other speciality creations along with homemade sauces to spice things up.
Stop in early morning for a breakfast burrito that’s sure to surprise and remember to purchase a loaf of Taco Cabo’s fresh baked bread for $1.50 as a side to whatever hearty treat you order for lunch.
Staff Pick: Al Pastor Burrito (slow roasted pork shoulder with pineapple and adobe)
- Taco Cabo is located at 1755 Lincoln Ave off Highway 40 and is open daily from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- To place an order for pick up or for additional information call 970.846.2307.
Double Z Bar & BBQ
Say hello to Downtown Steamboat Spring’s local BBQ joint. Savory wings, tender pulled-pork, beef classics, and refreshing salads meaning there’s something to satisfy every hungry visitor. You can even check off eating an order of Rocky Mountain oysters from your bucket list!
Staff Pick: Smoked Chicken BBQ basket with french fries.
- Double Z Bar & BBQ is located at 1124 Yampa Street and is open daily from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- To place an order for pick up call 970.879.0849 or visit Double Z’s website for more information.
Back Door Grill
If you’ve got beef on your mind, stop by Back Door Grill for a unique Steamboat dining experience where the old fashion hamburgers and American classics will leave you in awe. Offering everything from original cheeseburgers and sandwiches to jalapeño popper and peanut butter stuffed concoctions. Staff Pick: Portobello fries are a must while you wait for one of their custom burgers.
Staff Pick: Portobello fries are a must while you wait for one of their custom burgers.
Since it’s off of resort property you can soak in the culture without being overwhelmed by steep prices and weekend crowds. Ski and snowboard right up to the restaurant or park in Ski Time Square and walk. The diverse menu crafted by two professional chefs who started the T-bar after leaving the 5-star restaurant industry contains exceptional bar food backed by attention to detail.
Since it’s off of resort property you can soak in the culture without being overwhelmed by steep prices and weekend crowds. Ski and snowboard right up to the restaurant or park in Ski Time Square and walk.
The diverse menu crafted by two professional chefs who started the T-bar after leaving the 5-star restaurant industry contains exceptional bar food backed by attention to detail.
The relaxed atmosphere and convenience will bring you in, and the food and drinks will bring you back. Don’t forget to partake in a game of hammerschlagen with friends out back while you sip a beer and wait for your food to be delivered.
Staff Pick: Chorizo Mac N’ Cheese
- The T-Bar is located at 2045 Ski Time Square (if you’re on the snow, skiers right off of Right-O-Way/BC Ski Way) and is open daily during the ski season from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. with the bar hours extending until the party is over.
- Call 970.879.6652 2045 or visit T-Bar’s website for more information.