Steamboat Springs is quickly turning into a hub for delicious food and up-and-coming chefs trying to make their mark on the restaurant world. Whether you’re going out to brunch with friends, grabbing a leisurely lunch, or wanting a romantic dinner with your sweetie, there is something for everyone.
The is no shortage of places to find fabulous food and drinks any time of day, but lunch can be tricky given the amount of choices, so we here at Steamboat Lodging Company narrowed it down to our favorite five spots to kick back and enjoy a bite to eat midday.
1. SKULL CREEK GREEK
Skull Creek serves a plethora of fast and affordable Greek foods from amazing slow roasted lamb gyros and elegant salads to home made baklava. This local favorite is one of the few serving Steamboat’s late night crowd on Friday and Saturday nights until 2pm. Skull Creek also caters via their food truck, so don’t hesitate to bring the taste of Mediterranean to your next family gathering.
Local’s Tip: Prometheus Gyro with everything on it.
- Skull Creek Greek is located at 635 Lincoln Avenue, downstairs in the plaza and is open daily from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- To place an order for pick up call 970.879.1339 or visit Skull Creek Greek’s website for more information.
2. TACO CABO
If it’s true authentic Mexican food you crave, then look no further because this is a family that knows how to provide the flavors. Brace yourself for amazing tacos, burritos, and other speciality creations along with homemade sauces to spice things up.
Stop in early morning for a breakfast burrito that’s sure to surprise and remember to purchase a loaf of Taco Cabo’s fresh baked bread for $1.50 as a side to whatever hearty treat you order for lunch.
Local’s Tip: Al Pastor Burrito (slow roasted pork shoulder with pineapple and adobe)
- Taco Cabo is located at 1755 Lincoln Ave off Highway 40 and is open daily from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- To place an order for pick up or for additional information call 970.846.2307.
Be prepared for some of the best food you’ve ever had in your life! The Paramount in Steamboat Springs is a local’s favorite, and for good reason. With slope access, and world-class fare, this hidden gem is the perfect option while you’re dining mountainside. The Paramount offers delicious, eclectic food for breakfast, lunch, and apres ski at the base of the mountain in the Torian Plum Plaza. EVERYTHING is made from scratch using only the highest quality ingredients. Our bar serves espresso, beer, wine & specialty drinks featuring in house flavored liquors and fresh juices.
- Paramount is located at 1855 Ski Time Square Drive, Torian Plum Plaza, Steamboat Springs, CO, 80487
- To place an order for pick up call (970) 879-1170 or visit Paramount’s website for more information.
4. BACK DOOR GRILL
If you’ve got beef on your mind, stop by Back Door Grill for a unique Steamboat dining experience where the old fashion hamburgers and American classics will leave you in awe. Offering everything from original cheeseburgers and sandwiches to jalapeño popper and peanut butter stuffed concoctions.The redesigned menu has something for everyone and the double decker building has two bars, an outdoor patio and a walk up window to order when in a hurry (summers only), so ready yourself for greasy goodness produced by passionate Steamboat locals.
Local’s Tip: Portobello fries are a must while you wait for one of their custom burgers!
- Back Door Grill is located at 825 Oak Street and is open daily from 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Call 970.871.7888 or visit Back Door Grill’s website for more information.
Found just steps off the slopes of Steamboat Resort, the T-Bar is a must visit destination for lunch on the mountain.
Since it’s off of resort property you can soak in the culture without being overwhelmed by steep prices and weekend crowds. Ski and snowboard right up to the restaurant or park in Ski Time Square and walk.
The diverse menu crafted by two professional chefs who started the T-bar after leaving the 5-star restaurant industry contains exceptional bar food backed by attention to detail.
The relaxed atmosphere and convenience will bring you in, and the food and drinks will bring you back. Don’t forget to partake in a game of hammerschlagen with friends out back while you sip a beer and wait for your food to be delivered.
Local’s Tip: Try the Chorizo Mac N’ Cheese, it will change your life.
- The T-Bar is located at 2045 Ski Time Square (if you’re on the snow, skiers right off of Right-O-Way/BC Ski Way) and is open daily during the ski season from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. with the bar hours extending until the party is over.
- Call 970.879.6652 2045 or visit T-Bar’s website for more information.
NEED A PLACE TO STAY AFTER FILLING UP ON LUNCH?
Check out our Steamboat lodging with locations on the mountain and Downtown Steamboat Springs.