|Coming to Steamboat this winter? Packing for your trip can seem daunting if it’s one of your first times traveling to the mountains. But, the most important thing is getting your group to Steamboat and to start having fun as soon as possible!
Here at Steamboat Lodging Company we love to make things easy for our guests, so we have put together these suggestions and a checklist of how to pack, and what to pack for your Steamboat adventure. Our goal is make the process as seamless as possible, so you can play hard and rest easy as soon you arrive in beautiful, snow covered Steamboat Springs, Colorado!
- Seven days prior to your vacation, pick a place in your home where you can start laying out the items you will need to bring. A guest bedroom is a great spot. Choose the luggage and carry-on you plan to use.
*Special Note: If you are a mom packing for the entire family, you go girl! Your husband and kids will owe you a massage at one of our amazing Steamboat spas. Moms, you may want to start nine days prior to arrival to give yourself extra time and reduce your stress levels.
- Think “pack light”. Our Steamboat vacation rentals have washers and dryers.
- Pack layers. You’ll want a base layer (light insulation that wicks away moisture – NO COTTON), a mid-layer (traps heat and is breathable – light fleece are nice), and an outer layer that is windproof, breathable and waterproof.
- Leave the dress clothes at home and pack a few pair of jeans and a nice fleece and sweater. You can wear them everywhere in Steamboat, even our finest restaurants.
If You Live in a Warm Climate and Don’t Own Winter Clothing
Check out winter gear rentals at Ski Haus, conveniently located just two miles from the Steamboat Ski Resort. They have tons of great options, including our favorite local brands like Point 6, Smartwool, BAP, and Town Hall outerwear for kids!
For Skiing & Snowsports:
- Warm, waterproof ski jacket
- Lightweight, waterproof ski jacket
- Waterproof ski pants
- Snow boots with a tread
- Waterproof ski gloves
- Lightweight gloves
- Ski socks
- Quality long underwear- top and bottom, no cotton
- Extra layers – Under Armour shirts are great
- Goggles with extra lenses for different light
- Neck warmer/gaiter
- Sunglasses- the Colorado sun is bright!
- Ski helmet- you can rent one if you don’t own one
- Thin hat to wear under your helmet for cold days
- Baseball hat or beanie to hide your “helmet head” after skiing
- Lip balm with SPF
- The kitchen sink – just kidding!
For Après Ski Steamboat Fun:
- Bathing suit for the pool, hot tub or our famous hot springs
- Flip flops or sandals
- Jeans to wear to dinner
- Sweater or fleece
- Apres ski boots – something comfy!
- Charging cables
- That book you’ve been dying to read. We have a fireplace to curl up next to waiting for you in Steamboat Springs!
|Happy Packing and Happy Trails! We’ll see you soon in Ski Town, USA!
For more info about Steamboat Springs, CO check out these other great resources: